Find all of your answers to FAQ about Engineering, Manufacturing, Installing, and Maintenance of our storage tanks.
Nationwide Tank and Pipe LLC is a diversified tank and pipe manufacturing company. Our objective is to manufacture for our customers a quality product with short lead time and cost effective pricing.
We are among North America’s largest manufacturers and suppliers of composite fiberglass tanks and steel tanks. We are able to supply all of our products to customers located across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Further more, NWTP also works closely with overseas customers including the Middle East and Europe.
Here at NWTP we offer a diversified range of products that are able to meet a range of demands from our customers. We supply our products into the Construction, Water, Waste Water, Water Filtration, Chemical, Agriculture, Food Processing and Oil and Gas Industries.
Our company has a strong presence in the Oil and Gas Industry where we have the privilege in supplying numerous companies that are in the Top 30 Oil and Gas producers in North America. We have the further privilege of supplying one of the Top 3 Oil and Gas producers in North America.
We have a proven record of meeting the needs of our customers. We do this by having an unchanged strategy of knowing that our role is to provide our customers with the highest level of service and support and meeting their demand requirements without fail.
Safety and Innovation
NWTP is committed to the health and safety of our people and the environment. We operate an internal advancement program where we train and promote staff from within the company ranks so that there is a clear career path
As an industry leading manufacturer of superior quality fiberglass tanks and pipe. Our goal is to manufacture for our customers superior quality fiberglass tank and pipe at very competitive prices with the shortest lead time. Our 60,000 square foot manufacturing facility operates the latest in fiberglass tank and pipe manufacturing equipment coupled with a stringent quality control system to ensure our customers are provided with a quality product. We cater to our customer needs to produce tanks to be used in a broad spectrum of fields, including:
• Oil & Gas Industry
• Salt Water Disposal Systems
• Wastewater Systems
• Chemical Containment
• Irrigation Systems
• Fire Suppression
• Rainwater Harvesting
• Stormwater Runoff
Our fiberglass technology allows us to completely customize any connection point and manhole allowing a vast array of storage solutions for almost any situation.
Specializing mostly in fiberglass tanks of many different sizes and builds. If you need above ground or In-ground solutions we can design a customized tank to fit most situations.
GLASS FIBER REINFORCEMENTS
All fiberglass reinforcement materials begin as individual filaments drawn from a furnace of molten glass. Many filaments of glass fibers are formed simultaneously and gathered into a strand. A surface treatment or” sizing” is added to the surface of each glass fiber filament to retain fiber properties and enhance the bonding characteristics to the resin matrix. The mechanical strength of a fiberglass composite product depends upon the amount, type and arrangement of glass fiber reinforcement within the material system. The properties of the laminate increase proportionately with the amount of glass fiber reinforcement. All the following types of glass reinforcement are used in the manufacturing of the FRP tanks.
Filament Winding Roving, a single-end strand of glass fibers, is used as the primary stiffness and strength component in the hoop direction. The filament winding roving comprises the “hoop” component of the “chop – hoop” structural laminate construction.
Chopped Strand Roving, a multiple-end roving, is used in the chopper gun to provide the primary stiffness and strength component in the axial and off-axis directions of the tank wall.
Chopped Strand Mat, a product that contains randomly oriented chopped glass fiber bundles of 1 to 2 inches in length and held together with a binder to form a reinforcement sheet, is used in hand layups used for welds and nozzle attachments.
Woven Roving, a fabric made from continuous glass fiber strands, is used in weld materials and added to end caps in high stress areas to enhance strength of the FRP materials.
Nexus Surfacing Veils, a light weight, polyester sheet that acts as a process aid for making a resin-rich surface, provides protection against corrosion, abrasion and weathering. NTP incorporates Nexus surfacing veil in the liner to extend the life of our standard tanks.
C-glass Veils, another form of veil made with fine glass fibers, can be specified for different corrosive environments.
Request A Quote
We will prepare a customized quote and provide any information we have on estimated completion date and any issues we may see.
Provide the detailed specifications of the build
We go to work on manufacturing water tanks to include all corrosive liners and fittings.
The tank and necessary testing have completed.
Ready For Delivery
The tank is prepared for transport and delivery to the site location.
Quickly and easily view or download all of NWTP’s most important documentation and FAQs
- Fire Protection View / Download
- Potable Water View / Download
- Rainwater Harvesting View / Download
- Waste Water View / Download
- In-Ground Fire Protection View / Download
- in-Ground Potable Water View / Download
- Stormwater Abatement View / Download
- Below Ground Wastewater View / Download
- Corrugated Wastewater Package Plants View / Download
The Benefits of Fiberglass
- Fiberglass tanks have a long history of use in applications where watertight design integrity is critical, including extensive use in the storage of motor fuels. Leak-free performance is essential when it comes to fire protection water storage.
- Installation steps and costs are minimized by the lightweight nature of fiberglass since expensive heavy-lifting equipment generally is not necessary. This also is an important consideration when tank installation sites are difficult to access.
- Large capacity tanks, up to 60,000 gal. Sizes generally required in fire protection systems, are factory-manufactured products that provide superior quality control processes vs. fabricating a tank on site where it is subject to varying weather conditions and manufacturing controls.
- A fiberglass tank can be designed for dual-purpose use, with a common example being fire protection standby as well as potable water. A fiberglass tank can be ordered with a National Sanitation Foundation listing for potable applications.
Marking and Identification
Standard Tank Sizes
- 8’ diameter
- 10’ diameter
- 12’ diameter
- 14’ diameter
- 14’ x 20’ or larger
- 15’ 6” x 20’ or larger
- Fiberglass manways
- Fiberglass collars and extensions
- Flanged nozzles
- FRP risers for access openings
- Watertight riser covers
- Threaded full couplings
- Hold down straps
- Concrete deadmen and anchors
- Tank ladders (Straight & Caged)
- Top Circular Railing
- Walkway Stairs
- Hand Rails
- Fill/Draw pipes
- Pump platforms
- Dry hydrants and strainers
- Vent/level indicators
- Fill assemblies